: Confirmed with Link:
Parent traded for rights to Hamhuis & conditional pick!
View Single Post
06-19-2010, 12:41 PM
orange is better
than other colors...
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted by
1) After the seasons Carle and Coburn had, can anyone really be thinking Holmgren WANTS to trade Carle over Coburn. Carle >>>> Coburn for 95% of the season and Carle = Coburn for the other 5%. Not to mention Homer has expressed how pleased he was with Carle and how dissapointed at times he was with Coburn.
2) Coburn played on the 3rd pairing most of this past season, it is not outside the realm of possibility that if he is given a 2M/year contract he will be relegated to that role again and we will keep everyone.
3) Our defense isn't going to be THAT overpaid, Pronger comes down to 4.9 and Hamhuis will probably get 4, if Coburn gets 2 and Bartulis at .6 is still there then I would argue while it is alot of money we will not be blowing other team's out of the water (without doing too much research I can think of the Red Wings as a team with a comparable paycheck to their backline, and that seems to work well for them!)
4) We thought we had the best top 4 in the league before... now we KNOW IT!
5) It is a total buyer's market for goalies and we just solidified our already incredibly solid defense... who else can see Turco coming here for like 2.5 for a near guaranteed Vezina type season playing behind our monster defense?
6) I smell Lord Stanley!!!!
if hamhuis gets 4 mil a season, i will shave my ass a glue it under my nose.
orange is better
View Public Profile
orange is better's albums
Find More Posts by orange is better