Thread: Parker update
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2003, 08:54 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

vCash: 500
Well there hasn't been a real champ in the NHL since the Twister. Laraque could probably get it, but he's too uninterested and really doesn't strike fear in the hearts of ... anyone; he's too nice.

Parker vs. Worrell? Well, hmm. I'd take Parker over Petey, but it's very close IMO. I believe they've fought twice, the first one I saw, Parker got the win with a nice switchup move.

PR33: Forgot the Nazarov fight where Parker dropped him, picked him up again, and "re-dropped" him. Or the Vandy fight where Parker just kept firing rights busting him open?

True, Parker hasn't had much MAJOR success against the other top heavies, but then again, he really never got a chance to show himself. In all the fights agaisnt Worrell, Laraque, or Brashear however, no one really had a major victory. Plus, he hasn't fought any of them for quite a while. In a sense, he WAS misused as an Av as he never had a chance to take part in the great heavyweight rivalry type situations that you saw 5+ years ago with many teams.