View Single Post
Old
06-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
If you watched the Preds you would realize how important those players are to our team. Especially Leggy.

That is laughable. I have missed watching few games since 98 to include holding season tickets for years and making trips to away games. Currently I support this team win or lose in HD EVERY game at my resturant. The problem I have is that the team pays these two 1/5 of the teams salary and inparticuler Leggy HAS NOT earned that money. If I recall both make about 4 to 4.5 mil a year this requires a player to perform above 20 goals a year. This team has had 3 guys score 30 goals and Leggy and Erat are compensated at that level. Why should everyone not expect that preformance. I fully understand that the team has limited dollars to spend, howver what is done on the ice after a rookie contract is what should be rewarded not potential. Hornqvist had 30 last year should be be offered 4 mil right now to lock him up. Well I really like the kid but he has to repeat this to get the payday. Look back at Mason, Ellis and many others that had a hot spot and were paid too much. This is not just a problem for this team but everywhere in sports. Look at Haynesworth this idiot may be done after cashing a huge check he dosn't like the scheme so he holds out and demands a trade. But I guess his performance last year was woth 31 mil.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote