Thread: Parker update
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2003, 09:32 PM
PatrickRoy33

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to PatrickRoy33 Send a message via AIM to PatrickRoy33 Send a message via MSN to PatrickRoy33 Send a message via Yahoo to PatrickRoy33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
Well there hasn't been a real champ in the NHL since the Twister. Laraque could probably get it, but he's too uninterested and really doesn't strike fear in the hearts of ... anyone; he's too nice.
Even when Twister was champ, it was by default....the big heavies were on the way out, and there were no young guns coming up....

Quote:
Parker vs. Worrell? Well, hmm. I'd take Parker over Petey, but it's very close IMO. I believe they've fought twice, the first one I saw, Parker got the win with a nice switchup move.
I'll give Parker the decision, but not a clear win, but in the 2nd fight, Worrell won, and cut Parker as well.

Quote:
PR33: Forgot the Nazarov fight where Parker dropped him, picked him up again, and "re-dropped" him. Or the Vandy fight where Parker just kept firing rights busting him open?
Didn't forget the Nazarov fight, as I don't consider him as anything more than a big guy that fights....Oliwa has KO'd him as well....and I did mention the Vandy fight....

Quote:
True, Parker hasn't had much MAJOR success against the other top heavies, but then again, he really never got a chance to show himself. In all the fights agaisnt Worrell, Laraque, or Brashear however, no one really had a major victory. Plus, he hasn't fought any of them for quite a while. In a sense, he WAS misused as an Av as he never had a chance to take part in the great heavyweight rivalry type situations that you saw 5+ years ago with many teams.
I don't necessarily think he was MISUSED, I just think they found out he didn't fit into their system....San Jose is alot slower paced team, and he'll keep up with them more, whereas Colorado was too fast a system, AND he didn't have the ability to compensate for that, but Worrell has proved to be more than just a fighter, as he's learned to skate (a little) and has a pretty decent checking game....