View Single Post
Old
06-20-2010, 11:31 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
That's just an example. Carolina and Samsonov is another example. I'm sure there are others.

Furthermore, if a team has an internal cap of say $40MM or so, you don't think close to $2MM in savings is relevant? If they didn't care about "only $2MM" why wouldn't they just spend to the cap? After all, it's only a couple of million more!

Their motivation is the same as the Rangers desire to move Brashear's $1.4MM. They free up space - they just happen to free up space under a real money payroll cap imposed by their ownership as opposed to space under the salary cap imposed by the league.
Oh yeah I fully understand there are other examples. Just trying to establish that whenever it comes down to any Islander/Ranger transactions the mindset of both sides(especially Isles to further establish themselves in NY area) is different.

Appreciate the explanation of the process though! I've recently started to thoroughly sharpen my knowledge on this cap system, and all the in's and out's. I've mostly been someone to assess players, coaches, teams, gameplay, line-ups etc.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote