Old
09-30-2003, 10:00 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Vermette would seriously struggle to make the Oilers lineup this year as he would have Torres and Rita ahead of him (with out a doubt). The Oilers flat out don't trade Laraque unless they are being over paid as he is a fan fav. and is great in the community (on top of being probably the best enforcer in the NHL). I think this would make sense for both teams:
Laraque, second, third
for
Havlat, fourth

I seriously think that is a pretty fair deal. Georges is the kind of enforcer that could step into one of the top three lines (Much better then what Varada could) and add great puck strength to the Senators. The Oilers and Senators are my two favorite teams, and I think that that would really help both teams..... especially Ottawa with going after a cup baby!!!! I mean the Sens have all kinds of scoring and with Smolinksi there all season he'd easily replace Havlats scoring, plus Spezza will be a big addition. But all of a sudden the Senators are one of the toughest teams in the league with Laraque, Neil, Varada, Ficher, Chara, Phillips, Leschysn, Volchenkov. Sure they aren't a weak team any more, but if you add Georges they are one of the top couple teams in the NHL in that category. IMO they're already the most skilled team in the NHL.
damn thats brutal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie#11
For the love of all that is good in the world, can we just stop the Ottawa/Edmonton deals?
i hope so