View Single Post
Old
06-21-2010, 01:00 AM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
According to the Q&A, he asked for an extension and when he was informed that wasn't in the cards, he then asked for a trade.
It was "mutual thing" [after Poile/Trotz questioned his leadership to the media, and told him they wanted going in a younger direction]. There's no doubt in my mind that he was forced out. Which again, may have been the right move.

Arnott didn't want to leave Nashville (as evidnce by his wanting an extension), but he was convinced to. I don't think Dumont will be as easily convinced. Also, he will be harder to move...

I think it was the right move to move Arnott, but only if we have some better plan than Wilson/Legwand as centers. An unproven guy who's never really played center in the NHL, and a guy who's scored over 20 goals once in 10 year (9 years on a scoringline).

I'm not sure how to look up this stat up, but assume we had one of the lowest forwards goals per game average in the NHL. We were 18th in overall goals per game, but had to have one of the highest goal totals from defensemen.

Last edited by dulzhok: 06-21-2010 at 01:07 AM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote