View Single Post
Old
06-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Jag68Sid87

vCash: 500
I think what Angel, 21pro and Ziggy are trying to suggest here with Whitney is...are you prepared to have dead cap-space if we have to go too far to get him?

Whatever the rationale is about Whitney's style of game, his training regimen and his production at present time, in the words of The Rolling Stones "Time Waits for No One". Sure, Ray Whitney could become the next Chris Chelios or Gordie Howe. Are you willing to gamble on it?

Guerin's production last year at age 39 was not bat all (it was his GAME that really was hard to watch, but production was there). Two years from now, if we still have Whitney (hypothetically), I'd take similar production.

Hey, I want Ray Whitney. Two years, $3.5 million/year (no NTC) and welcome to Pittsburgh. Anything more than that, I'd be a little worried.

And I really don't want both Whitney and Gonchar. Yes, our oldest player right now is Brent Johnson (33), but I'd love to keep it that way if we could. If push comes to shove, sign one of the geezers. But going young this off-season sounds like such a great idea to me...especially in light of how we were so badly out-skated in the Montreal series. That really cannot happen again.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote