View Single Post
Old
06-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyMalkin View Post
Whitney is just a short term fix and I am tired of this. I really want Shero to look for one long term winger for both Crosby and Malkin. We can have a Kunitz, Dupuis, or Talbot for one of their wings as long as they have a gifted winger on the other side. Shero should be going after Frolov, Zherdev, Versteeg, and even someone like Sharp who is a center to maybe play wing. If you got two guys like these players one for each of our top two lines then we would be set for years for the top 2 lines.

I say offer a deal like the Hawks did for Hossa with 4 or 5 fake years in the deal to bring down the cap number. We should make a run at Frolov with that kind of deal.

Trading for Versteeg is interesting because the Hawks are in such a bad cap situation and have no leverage. No way will they get close to fair value for any of their players they are trying to trade because all the GM's know their cap situation and are not going to help them out of it without some great deal that steals players away for half their real value. Remember Jagr and Kovy trades?
Not to pick on you, but too many people don't watch the players they "want" and it turns into posts like this.

Frolov, as I have touched on in other posts, will pull a Poni and disappear for weeks at a time. His own GM has said as much and eventhough they have plenty of cap room in LA, he doesn't want to sign him.

Think about why.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote