View Single Post
Old
03-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86
I don't know if I would call Volchenkov,Phillips,Fisher,Vermette,Schafer average, To go along with those players Eaves and Kaygorodov are on the way. The Sens even had Havlat playing on the third line last season. The sens have exceptional talent on every line with very good prospects comming up. That is why they are the best franchise in the league.
I'm not going to discuss prospects since everyone on these boards overrate them.

- Volchenkov hits hard but is injury prone. No offensive upside. He will be an Adam Foote if he stays healthy and much worse if he softens up or continues to stay injury prone

- Phillips is great in the playoffs but so-so during the year, an above average number 4 with upside to a number 3 defenseman. He is NOT anything more than that though

- Fisher is a great number 3 center who is always hurt. So I'll say he is an above average number 3 center for 45 games a year and useless the rest

- Vermette,Schafer are decent players on the number 3 or 4 lines. The thing is all teams have these types of players so they are nother special.

- We both know Havlat is not a 3rd line right wing. He plays there because of incredible depth at right wing (if the Senators had other spots as deep as Right Wing, I would agree with you)

The fact of the matter is they are bottom 10 at Center, Left Wing and Goaltending (unless Hasek returns to form). Top 3 at right wing (number one most likely) and top 5-10 at defense

They are not the best franchise in the league...not even close. They are one of the better teams in the league but very overrated on this board. They will continue to fight for the Northeast Title year after year but unless they address their needs I don't see a cup ring in their future