View Single Post
Old
06-21-2010, 10:51 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Agreed. He almost HAS to trade one of Carle or Coburn now. If you think Hamhuis is a better partner for Pronger, trade Carle. I really like the way Coburn is developing too.

The frustrating thing about the Hamhuis deal is that I'm not convinced he's a real upgrade on either, and he's going to cost a lot more.

If they could trade Hartnell's contract for a goalie prospect, then sign a biggish winger like Eric Nystrom or Taylor Pyatt to replace him, it would make more sense.
I get a lot of Preds games because of my dish feed from Nashville and IMO Hammer is an upgrade over both Coburn and Carle. He is steadier for one and makes many smarter def zone outlet passes. Is he better than Coburn in the playoffs? Maybe, but certainly over his reg season he is better. I think he walks in (if signed) as our 3rd best D, mind you a long way behind the first 2.

I for one would far rather see a forward moved than a D. They seem to be easier holes to fill when injuries happen. Yeah sure this year the big 4 all stayed healthy but that isn't always the case, and usually isn't the norm. Does everyone forget 2 years ago when we lost multiple guys on the D and needed Modry and company? This year we lost Carter and Gagne as still won games. Had that been say Pronger and Coburn or Timmonen and Carle I'm not so confident we would have. Suddenly our bottom 4 d would look pretty bleak.

jd2210 is online now   Reply With Quote