View Single Post
Old
06-21-2010, 11:38 AM
HockeyGuy1985*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
if you move grachev then you are moving him to someone based on potential and thus not maximizing his value. too early to bail on evgeny. with his size and skating, hes off the table.

gilroy isnt going to bring much back. same for sangs. no real value there. then again, nor sure if those 2 are in the plans for next year at all anyway. those 2 dont cost much so im inclined to say keep them rather than give them away

roster players have value, especially dan girardi. dan in a package with rozy would perhaps be of value but we would expect to have to take salary back in return and if so, we would be looking for some goals.

a deal could be built around those 2 i would think. especially if we sign mcd.

we would absolutely need to look at a vet/fa dman coming in if that happens as im not sold on matt gilroy playing top 4 minutes.

a package built around girardi or dubinsky and rozy, would be interesting. again, we would need a top 6 forward in return who has either fallen out of favor or has a so-so contract that a team is looking to unload.

we need goals. period.
I agree.

I think we can afford to send some of our defensive pieces since we have (according to the be all end all of rankings per this board, the #2 goalie in the world). Teams like Chicago and Philly and even Pittsburgh and Detroit, have to make up for their "deficiency" in goal by adding more talent at defense.

I think we could get by even with an average defense with Hank in net. The problem is NOT and I repeat NOT keeping goals out, its putting goals in.

If we have a much better offense, without really touching the defense save for a minor move, and Hank in net, it improves our chances drastically. I really truly believe that.

HockeyGuy1985* is offline   Reply With Quote