View Single Post
Old
03-22-2005, 02:42 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
No offense meant, but the tune you are singing now about Rolston is a lot different than what Bruin fans were saying when they were posting those endless (and very tedious) "Rolston for Scatchard" and "Rolston for Hamrlik" threads. Back then, you guys were assuring me that Rolston was a #1 winger and the perfect guy to play with Yashin. But, now that he is no longer Bruin property he is a terrible passer, eh? How did he get those multiple 30 assist seasons then?

I do think Hunter's age is relevant too, as is Begeron's age. But, now you are basically arguing that potential matters on the trade market, at the same time as you are discounting the potential of youngsters like Malkin. And, yeah, Begeron is probably untouchable. The same can be said of Stajan, Hunter, Ryder, and most of the other young studs from last year's outstanding rookie class.

What exactly are you arguing,, Bergeron has been better than Malkin in World Juniors, already played well in the NHL, ( at 18 which is rare ). But I beleive you arguement is that Malkin's potential is higher ???? This is like arguing that it was wise for the Canucks to not sign Umberger to what Kesler got, when Kesler has less points than both Bergeron and Umberger. Bergeron > Malkin, until Malkin proves me wrong !