Thread: Proposal: Nyr-ott
View Single Post
Old
06-21-2010, 03:50 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

vCash: 500
Nyr-ott

spezza speculation is heating up a bit after TSN reporting he has more or less asked for a trade (not like heatley though who absolutely demanded to get the heck outta there. spezza seems he would prefer a trade but would be ok with staying as well).

every GM is probably making a call just to test the waters, and any team would love to add him. he is a legitimate 1st line center and a great playmaker. turns the puck over a bit too much, but is only 27 and is about to enter his prime. contract ends right when he is exiting his peak level as well.

7 mil is a huge cap hit especially on a cap-strapped team. however, remember with one of the R/R sisters gone to make this deal even possible and with rozi and dru off the books in 2 seasons for sure, there is at least 12 mil available by 2012.

i don't advocate trading picks/prospects for big name players but spezza is a top-tier player and gives us something we haven't had since The Captain's glory years (a true #1 center).

(assuming redden sent to AHL/rozi moved in another deal)

NYR:
Brandon Dubinsky
Ryan McDonagh
2010 2nd
2011 1st

OTT:
Jason Spezza

do you think this is enough? too much?

every team loves dubi, McD gives them a defensive d-man (OTT wouldn't want sangs), and then two early picks.

personally i really don't know about this. i think it is fair value (if anything it might be overpayment in our eyes). again though i don't like giving up our assets. especially giving up dubi. that would hurt.

anyway thought this would be fun to ponder.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote