Thread: Proposal: Nyr-ott
View Single Post
Old
06-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
spezza speculation is heating up a bit after TSN reporting he has more or less asked for a trade (not like heatley though who absolutely demanded to get the heck outta there. spezza seems he would prefer a trade but would be ok with staying as well).

every GM is probably making a call just to test the waters, and any team would love to add him. he is a legitimate 1st line center and a great playmaker. turns the puck over a bit too much, but is only 27 and is about to enter his prime. contract ends right when he is exiting his peak level as well.

7 mil is a huge cap hit especially on a cap-strapped team. however, remember with one of the R/R sisters gone to make this deal even possible and with rozi and dru off the books in 2 seasons for sure, there is at least 12 mil available by 2012.

i don't advocate trading picks/prospects for big name players but spezza is a top-tier player and gives us something we haven't had since The Captain's glory years (a true #1 center).

(assuming redden sent to AHL/rozi moved in another deal)

NYR:
Brandon Dubinsky
Ryan McDonagh
2010 2nd
2011 1st

OTT:
Jason Spezza

do you think this is enough? too much?

every team loves dubi, McD gives them a defensive d-man (OTT wouldn't want sangs), and then two early picks.

personally i really don't know about this. i think it is fair value (if anything it might be overpayment in our eyes). again though i don't like giving up our assets. especially giving up dubi. that would hurt.

anyway thought this would be fun to ponder.
yea because the rangers love trading for every superstar. hey it worked before the lockout didnt it although it was mainly ufa. lets have the rangers have the softest top 6 forwards in the league. look at the teams that went to the finals. they are both tough and physical. SOFT TEAMS DONT DO WELL IN THE PLAYOFFS i guess most ranger fans want the rangers to be skilled and soft with no grit or toughness.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote