View Single Post
Old
06-21-2010, 05:51 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong but when has Leggy EVER made an excuse about any of this? Even though he was called out playing with Wardo and hands-of-stone-Smithson about not scoring, he's been nothing but professional and, as someone pointed out - clearly our best skater against Chicago in the POs.

I'd love to see another line like 9-10-11 and see what kinda' numbers he could put up. I still think - even if we did move Dumont up to a top 6 spot - we've not quite got the right pieces to maximize everyone's skills. Maybe a 10-11-26 line with JP on the top line, but I doubt that's where Trotz is going, given the discussion that JP is going to see 3rd line mins. We're short a finisher - plain and simple. Horny cleans up nicely, and Erat has been effective when hot, but not consistent.

Given Poile hedged in that interview about picking someone up, be interesting to see if we're gonna' play JP in a top 6 role (after the meeting wtih Trotz that said not) or Wardo stays there or we come up with some other wing or center.
I just dont think there is any way we can leave legwand on a shutdown line next year. Goc is a stretch as a third line center much less a second...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote