View Single Post
Old
06-21-2010, 06:14 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
What I'd honestly like to hear from Holmgren is what Jeff Reese does that is different from Lemelin other than Reese is full-time and Lemelin was not.
CSNPhilly.com actually did an article about Reese and the differences between him and Lemelin. One of the things that Reese does is watch a lot of video tape and pinpoint technical problems. He was very astute in that part of the game. He also goes out on ice with the goalies at every practice and shows them where the problems were and what can be done to correct it. He's very observant and very thorough.

My impression with Lemelin was that he'd appear maybe once, twice a month, see a practice or two and then make recommendations from there. He wasn't around very often and that made it difficult. Reese also goes on the road with the team. I wish I could find that article again, but it was real indepth and when Reese's contract wasn't renewed in Tampa Bay, there were 8 teams interested in his services. So, he must have been doing something right in Tampa Bay.....

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote