Thread: Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Ryan McDonagh-3 year ELC
View Single Post
Old
06-22-2010, 12:17 AM
LyNX27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
McDonagh doesn't necessarily have the edge for the 6th spot, in my opinion. Locks for our D are Del Zotto, Staal, Rozsival, Girardi. Assuming that either Redden takes the 5th spot or we sign a veteran defenseman, that leaves one spot for a kid.

I certainly think that Sanguinetti is further along in his development than McDonagh despite McDonagh having more upside. Sanguinetti has already played in the AHL for 2 full seasons and even played 5 NHL games. Also, Gilroy has the most NHL experience out of the 3 and although he probably has the smallest upside out of them he's probably got the best shot to make the team.

Of course, we may not sign a veteran defenseman and Redden may be sent down, but I don't see McDonagh jumping either Sanguinetti or Gilroy unless he's absolutely amazing in camp, and as we all know that doesn't necessarily translate to NHL success (looking at you, Gilroy).
Staal - MDZ
McD - Rozsival
Girardi - Gilroy

I can't imagine a draft day where we don't trade one of Rozsival or Girardi... more likely Rozsival, unless our pick of choice falls to us... And regardless I see one of them being traded just to get an extra pick.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote