View Single Post
Old
06-22-2010, 02:09 AM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Personally, assuming Hartnell has a rebound season and Briere continues his post-season dominance, Carter is our most tradeable and therefore most expendable asset at forward (and possibly on the whole roster for that matter). Trading him would shed significant cap space, clear up room for our other three top six centers (Richards, Giroux, Briere), and likely fetch a good return. In fact, the only reasons I'm even hesitant to do so are as follows:

1) He's our only center with size. This doesn't worry me as much as it does others, but it's something to consider. I don't think you need to be big to succeed necessarily. Both Giroux and Richards play much bigger then they are anyway.

2) He's by far our best goal-scorer and losing him leaves us with something like two or three 30 goal guys with only one young gun (JVR) that has enough promise to replace a considerable amount of Carter's goal output. Losing that kind of production could hurt considerably.

3) Locker room issues. Reportedly Carter is very well liked by both teammates and fans. Combine that with all the personnel moves that have been done over the last couple of years (Knuble, Umberger, Parent, Biron, Niitty, etc.) and I'm just worried that shipping off a guy like Carter could really **** up the "spirit" of the club.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote