View Single Post
Old
06-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Tommy Hawk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
If HFBOARDS charged $0.25 per post on here, they could have bought the Coyotes by now.
New idea for a CFD - charge the message boards!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whilee
The way I read things, Glendale has more or less gone "all in" with the IEH group. If, for some reason, things don't work out with their financing, or the NHL, or the CFD setup, then I would be pessimistic about another bid by Reinsdorf or a third group from the grassy knoll before the December 31 deadline. My guess is that at that point the NHL would try to sell it for the best price possible to an ownership group in another city (other than Balsillie and Hamilton, I suppose). That is the nightmare scenario for the City of Glendale...

In that case, since I think that the NHL still has a strong interest in the Phoenix market, they might look at it again soon, but starting fresh in Phoenix without some of the Glendale baggage.
If CoG has trouble with the IEH CFD the chances that the JR CFD could be established would basically be nil, in my opinion. THis is because much more upfront, higher commitment, no consideration in return and GI waiting on the doorstep.