View Single Post
Old
06-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Placebo Effect

vCash: 500
Well the Hawks have to start high. That's the smart thing to do in any negotiation. If they think they'll get it that's another story (one that deserves a ). But you never know, there are some nutty GM's out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsonStreet View Post
Meaning, at minimum, one roster player is getting traded in on or before June 28th just to extend QO's. What I can't understand - is Sopel's contract that toxic? I'm surprised Chicago can't move a 2nd rounder with Sopel for a Daniel Rahimi level prospect. They could then qualify all three and take things from there.
That's the surprising thing, he's not. He's overpaid sure but not terribly. Most of us here have already posted that we'll be happy to take Sopel back for Ladd. If we are short cap space we can send him to Manitoba, but if we have extra cap space why not keep him at a 6-7 D-man.

I'd be willing to do Hansen and a pick for Ladd. In fact, I'm willing to send them SOB as well. If Chicago manages to keep Hjalmarsson they will desperately need cheap D-men in the 1 million range. In fact, Alberts would fit that bill even more. He played decent in the Chicago series, hopefully enough that Bowman would be willing to take him. That and the 3rd D pairing in Chicago won't see much ice time.

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote