View Single Post
Old
03-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Safir*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Stars can't deal Turco.. he's the sole reason we are still somewhat of a playoff contender. I feel that as long as we have him and a few decent players at other positions, it will continue to be like this. Trading him would mean the start of a new era, a rebuilding one nonetheless but we lack the franchise prospects to do that at the moment, not to mention the Stars are still a nice contender on paper with Modano, Zubov, Lehtinen, Guerin, Boucher, Morrow, Arnott, Turgeon, Barnes, etc.

No chance the Stars would deal Turco right now. Morrow would be tough to trade but ofcourse is a lot more easier to replace than a #1 franchise and perhaps top 3 NHL goalie.
How long will Dallas content? Can the Stars afford their "Stars" under a possible salary cap?

That's a relative old core than you mentioned there O=S, I have the feeling that the Stars will have to make some changes soon. I don't think that these players will retire with the Stars. Why not deal them, when they still bring something back.
Arnott, Morrow & Turco would bring good returns back to Dallas. As a Sens fan I would willing to make some tough decisions.

To Ottawa:

Marty Turco & Brendan Morrow

To Dallas:

Martin Havlat, Mike Fisher, Patrick Eaves, a 1st & a 2nd round pick.

I like to get some input from Stars & Sens fans!

Big time rebuilding for the Stars and big time contending for the Sens.