Old
10-01-2003, 04:50 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
i heard that Brashear backed down from godard and went after butenschon what is that about
Wrong, John had it right. Brashear was ready to fight but the linesmen wouldn't let them.

First thing is first, LeClair-Somik-Recchi did look great last night. The Handzus line got less time as the game went on.

Roenick and Amonte are still playing with the puck too much! Pitkanen was awsome. The power play looked good they just couldn't put it in the net (stop me if you heard that before though). Towards the end of the second during a 2-man advantage the only ones willing to shoot were Pitkanen and Johnsson. This showed best when there were two open shots at the end of the second PP before Pitkanen finally put one on net. That was not impressive.

I think Pitkanen is tuning out whatever is being taught now and only doing what he learned in Finland because he's been doing some things on the PP I haven't seen for a few years.

However, people need to stop yelling shoot when there isn't an open shot! John, I know you're not one of those people.

On the other side, no one could stop the Jason Blake line, and Rick DiPietero was awsome.