View Single Post
Old
06-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Selke

vCash: 500
Hamhuis and Grebeshkov gone...what now?

First off let me say, I come in peace. I have no intention to say anything in the slightest bit of negativity about your team, fan base, anything like that. Not sure how many visitors you guys get from other teams but I find your moves rather interesting.

Seeing as you guys have a pretty incredible prospect pool, I'm sure the answer lies there but who will do what? What do you guys expect to look like?

There's a report going around that Nashville will not retain Grebeshkov and Hamhuis was obviously traded. If I'm not mistaken Parent is a RFA who will most likely sign with you guys. But from there on what will you guys do to replace Hamhuis and Grebeshkov?

I'm asking this because I noticed how great of players they really are during our series. Arguably, I thought your combination of defense and goaltending was the best in the NHL and felt that your team had as good of a shot as any to knock us out. Grebeshkov looked great on the PP. Dangerous, poised are words that come to mind when I think back to recall the series. Hamhuis was extremely reliable in all ends of the ice.

So what will you defensive pairings look like next year?

Weber / Suter
Blum / Parent (?)
Klein / ???

Roussel isn't ready is he? Cody Franson I suppose will fill in one of those too but I'm not sure where exactly. It's incredible you guys have the depth to replace these great players within your own pipeline though.

Anyway, thanks for the information in advance.

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote