Thread: Dreger: Kaberle for Savard?
View Single Post
Old
06-23-2010, 08:28 AM
The Management

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Well, the longer you go without a legit #1 center the longer it's going to take you to see Kessel's numbers near his potential and the better the picks you're going to be giving Boston at seasons' end.
So we should fork over one of our best prospects? Sorry, that doesn't work for us.

Savard is an amazing player, but there's no way we inclue Kadri or Schenn in addition to Kaberle to fetch him. Savard is a premier top-flight center. Kaberle is a premier puck-moving defenseman. As per contract issues, Kaberle has expressed an interest to stay in the East, and would likely consider re-signing in Beantown.

If a deal like this were to go through (which I don't think it will; this is Dreger speculation we're talking about), I'm sure Peter Chiarelli would inquire about an opportunity to negotiate an extention with Kaberle's agent first. The difference here isn't a bluechip prospect.

Edit: Additionally, I don't see why Boston would deal a veteran like Savard. They're supposed to be competing for the Stanley Cup. Who becomes their #1 center if Savard is shipped out? Krejci? Doubt it. Seguin? Just a rookie. Bergeron? Not sure if he's at that level yet.

Last edited by The Management: 06-23-2010 at 08:33 AM.
The Management is offline   Reply With Quote