Thread: Speculation: The Preds' "Huge" Move
View Single Post
Old
06-23-2010, 11:47 AM
roseyc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
As good as Buff was in the playoffs, the guy has scored 34, 31 and 36 points the last 3 years in the regular season. We talk about not wanting to give Hornqvist money for one season of production, I'd have a hard time justifying a guy averaging around 34 points a year and giving him $3 million next year and have him be a RFA and giving up something to get him. Joel Ward puts up the same amount of points at half the price.

He played well in a few rounds but he was invisible in the finals which screams streaky to me. I'll take a pass on him.
Buff is only 25 and last year he played forward and defense after Campbell went down and now with winning playoff experience. Pronger is going to make a lot of players look streaky. If the Hawks get rid of him they won't be the same team. Kane was the invisible one during the playoffs. Buff put in winning goals in the Van series and the SJ series. 11 goals in the playoffs that's not an easy feat at all. He did good last year as well. He's a risk that's worth taking. I still don't think the Hawks will offer him to us anyways so it's probably a mute point.