Old
06-24-2010, 08:59 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
Couple of things here.

First, remember that my pick of Skinner is based upon the fact that Tarasenko, Connolly, Nino, and Granlund were gone at #10. That is not likely to be the case in tommorrow night's draft. I do believe that Skinner is a better fit than either of Burmistrov or Johansen.

Second, I never said that the Rangers should draft a goalie in the first round of this year's draft. I was just pointing out an organizational weakness. There should be a goalie in the system that an NHL team believes at least has the potential to be a number one. The Rangers think that Johnson may have that capability, but I just don't see it at this point.
Leslie, while I have had no problem disagreeing with some of the conclusions you have drawn, especially regarding the draft, understand that I appreciate the information and insight you provide. You are miles ahead of the local beat writers in that regard.

That being said, I disagree on your point that Skinner is better fit than either Johansen or (especially) Burmistrov. IMO, there is no greater need on the Rangers than a #1. From all the information I have, both players have the ability to become #1 centers. I see Burmistrov as the perfect fit between Dubi and Gaborik. I'm not seeing the same about Skinner. Throw in the skating issues, and I just don't see Skinner as a Ranger type of 1st round pick.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote