View Single Post
Old
06-24-2010, 02:23 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Well they'd also probably have a little more CAP space because wasn't one of Toews bonuses the Conn Smyth trophy?

Chicago's mistakes were Huet and Campbell. Campbell is a good but they already had good defenseman so they didn't need him. Huet just was never worth what he was paid so that was just dumb. The Kings have NO comparison to either of those. The only one that is close is Smyth and he'll be gone in 2 more seasons not 5 or whatever Campbell has left on his deal. At the very worst, the Kings could buy out Smyth next summer.

Enough with the Chicago comparisons on any level. The Kings are a different team than the Hawks and don't have the same issues as the Hawks unless the go out and sign Jose Theodore and Anton Volchenkov to ridiculous deals this summer.
I'm all for an end to the Chicago comparisons. I simply pointed out that the post that started all of this was a post where the Kings had both Kovy and Carter and that it wouldn't be a problem since Chicago seems to get it done. Follow that up with a post about how they aren't getting it done since they are still moving players out, followed by who cares since they already won the cup, followed by how they got lucky and what would happen if they didn't and on and on and on.

It wasn't originally a discussion about how adding Kovalchuk screws the Kings (though it might have turned into that later on), it was a general discussion about how people now use Chicago as an argument to whatever salary they want to take on when following their model might not be the wisest thing to do. At least that's how I saw it.