View Single Post
06-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Giroux tha Damaja
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Thanks alot for the advice SJgoalie. Got another game tonight. I'm gonna try to prep mentally and throughout the game and see where that gets me.
I had a similar experience to yours, and I found that a lot fo what everyone has suggested has really worked.

If you do start jogging to up your stamina, I would make a suggestion that 2 or three times in each run, just go into a dead sprint and don't stop sprinting till you're about to fall down gasping for air. Then, when that happens, go back to your normal pace or as close to it as you can. It takes some will power, and you have to be honest with yourself as to whether you're really pushing your hardest. But this hard exertion and active recovery is going to do a lot more improve your stamina in a short time than just jogging.

Also that hard sprinting will do more for your legs explosiveness and athleticism than just jogging. It also helps build up your lactic acid tolerance and threshold, which is a big deal for those busy times in the third period. And mostly its a mental thing. I got so used to pushing myself to the point where I was throwing up on trees and ****, that nothing that happened in net was even close to taxing enough to alter my focus at all.

Good luck tonight. Have fun.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote