View Single Post
Old
06-25-2010, 01:44 AM
PanthersRule96

vCash: 500
I'm actually a little nervous about that proposed deal. Versteeg is very talented and shifty, handles the puck very well, almost like a more elusive version of Stephen Weiss, but I believe Versteeg is faster and has a better shot. Is he a 2nd liner though who will simply always be around a 25-25-50 type of guy or does he have potential to improve to a 30-30-60 or better type player? We could surely use someone who could even put up 50 points, but if he's the main focus of the other team's defense and relied on to put up points, how will he fare? Based on his career track thus far, he seems to be a late bloomer, so there is probably ample room to improve upon what he's already done. He reminds me of Ray Whitney when he has the puck.

With Ladd it can go one of two ways; he can either end up improving and will put up similar stats to his time in CHI if given a bigger role with the Panthers, or he'll produce less because he's not protected by the great talent they had in Chicago.

Realistically, what are the chances we pick up a guy at 15 overall that will be able to put up 50+ points a season in the NHL? I don't think they're necessarily that high and it'll be a while before they develop, so by trading the 15th for two guys who are each capable of scoring 20+ goals, one of which who could end up being a top line guy, I think we're benefitting our team in both the short term and the long term.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote