View Single Post
Old
10-01-2003, 08:05 AM
Puck
Ninja

vCash: 500
I read this recently on an Elia Kazan biographical note where he said, "Generally I've understood what happened only after it happened."
That generally applies to me a lot in many areas, including hockey predictions.

It seems to be a quirk of sports fans that they believe to have some innate knowledge of events before they are about to occur. I've always found this interesting, given that nobody ever seems to account for failure. It's probably human nature to forget about the times we were wrong, at least in public.

Of course this doesn't make me stop from mouthing off my opinions. It's just that I don't know how to respond to the question. My initial reaction would be to paraphrase a typical parental response and state that I love all my children equally, even though they are different....so I think each player will be different in his own way and I would rather not prejudge them at this time. And of course you would be right to say that there is absolutely no fun in my response. But when all is said and done, posters here may even disagree with the final judgement to that question, given that we all see things differently.