View Single Post
Old
06-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Danglous

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronger is a robot View Post
Wow, what dicks. That's the first I've ever heard of people already on a rink not wanting to let others join in (minus league games). Where I'm from, the handful of people who go to the rinks would be absolutely thrilled to have more people join in (provided they weren't dicks themselves). Pickup hockey is such a small niche, so the more the merrier.

It's a bit in the opposite direction, but I know a group of guys who play Monday and/or Tuesday nights at a rink in Bensalem. I don't know what it's called, but it's next to an outdoor skate park and I pass it on the way to Neshaminy Mall from NE Philly (about 10 minutes away). It's a relaxed game, some guys skate, some wear shoes, but it's pretty fun. I played for the first time this week and I'm gonna try to get back up next week.
I played there before. Its called Bensalem Park lol. The surface is crap though, straight asphalt but I guess the rink itself is nice. I play my pickup at Forsythia mostly. Its a nice outdoor rink with a good surface, just bring your own nets. Its in Levittown about a 5 minute drive from my house. I actually play with the same group of people I have been for 6 years every weekend at 8am Sat and Sun.

Also, it costs money ($150) but we could always rent out the Sportsplex in Feasterville for an hour and a half or more (the guy who runs it is pretty cool, if noones scheduled after you he will let you stay late). Awesome rinks, I play in a couple leagues there.

Ive also played at a place in Delran, NJ with good surface, nets, and lighting. Its right over the Burlington Bristol Bridge.

Im also down for ice hockey if anyones ever looking to play. My home rink is Grundy but I can drive to NE Skatezone.

Danglous is offline   Reply With Quote