Old
06-25-2010, 10:27 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
True, but that's not what this amounts to. It amounts to Ryan Parent for a 2011 3rd rounder. That's terrible asset management.
Asset Management, no secret is something I'm huge on, but this isn't one where I'm going to rip into him.

Considering where Parent was at in this organization, I'm okay with that. To skip words I've used before, based on Parent's time with the team, there isn't a lot of room in the NHL for guys like him right now. If the Flyers improve on defense (Bartulis passed him on the depth chart, or another move, someone else makes the team, etc.) Obvious Laviolette wasn't a fan either. I think there was a legitimate chance that Parent wasn't going to be among the top 7 defensemen on the team had he stayed. A 3rd round pick for a guy who wasn't going to be used isn't so bad. We would have only had one or the other, and since we weren't going to have Hamhuis and Parent was dropping on the depth chart, I'll take this.

Plus, how good are the chances we take this pick and send it to the Sharks for Nabokov? I would prefer not to, but you know having an extra draft pick than we had an hour ago, he'll be parading it around finding something to do with it.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote