View Single Post
Old
06-26-2010, 12:31 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
How many dynamic players are available when picking at the 18th spot? I think those expectations are unrealistic. Dynamic players are Hall and Seguin, Kane, Ovechkin, Crosby, Crosby, etc. I don't think there was anybody we were gonna get at 18 that would've been dynamic. Etem maybe but that was a stretch at best. And don't get me wrong, but wouldn't you consider 20 points in 10 games to be dynamic?
Wouldn't you say ten games is a relatively small sample size?

And there are plenty of dynamic offensive players...even in the second round. I think the Capitals got a steal in Kuznetsov, and my liking for Etem was well-known. They may not be "well-rounded," but I think we have enough two-way players that we can afford a floater or two.

With that said, I don't mind this pick. If he turns into Jordan Staal or Ryan Kesler....25 goal Selke candidate material...then obviously I'll love it. I just worry that we drafted a guy that sounds a lot like a lot of guys that have passed through our system...and even one that's currently the most controversial "defensive forward that should score more goals" on the team.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote