View Single Post
Old
06-25-2010, 11:36 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Wouldn't you say ten games is a relatively small sample size?

And there are plenty of dynamic offensive players...even in the second round. I think the Capitals got a steal in Kuznetsov, and my liking for Etem was well-known. They may not be "well-rounded," but I think we have enough two-way players that we can afford a floater or two.

With that said, I don't mind this pick. If he turns into Jordan Staal or Ryan Kesler....25 goal Selke candidate material...then obviously I'll love it. I just worry that we drafted a guy that sounds a lot like a lot of guys that have passed through our system...and even one that's currently the most controversial "defensive forward that should score more goals" on the team.
10 games is a small sample size but if you read his bio he was on a loaded team before he got traded to Petersborough, had an ankle injury and then lit it up. His motor runs 110% all the time. Not saying he's a fancy pick but he is a well rounded two player that will probably light the lamp a fair amount. Etem may turn into a dynamic goal scorer but if his D was questionable, no way was Poile going to pick him. Poile and Trotz like good two way players that pay attention to detail. Sounds like this guy fits their mold pretty well. They also didn't move down because they seemed to target him from the start. The fact that he was there at 18 must've rocked their world.

We'll see if this is good or bad in a few years. I hope it's good but there are never any guarantees with any draft pick.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote