View Single Post
Old
06-25-2010, 11:50 PM
CrosbyMalkin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
The kid has the hands, skating, scoring touch, and vision that you can't teach. He can get stronger and learn how to play responsibly in his own end. Like others are saying, I love that Shero went away from the safe grinder type and swung for the fences with this pick. I'll be excited to hear how his development at Denver goes the next few years!
That is the type of pick I want also. This kid is one of the most talented in the draft by all reports. His shot, hands, and vision sound to be top 5 in this draft. His skating is also above average. You can't teach talent but it is easy to put on muscle if he is willing to do the work.

As for a time table I would predict 3-4 years but that will depend on his rate at putting on the pounds. If this kid worked out hard in the weight room he could very easily be close to 200 pounds in two years with gaining 1 pound a month. Sounds like he has the skills to play the game right now the way the rate his shot, hands, and vision so while I would be surprised if he made it in 2 years it could happen. Will see how he does against other players with more size and closer skill at the next level.

CrosbyMalkin is offline   Reply With Quote