View Single Post
Old
06-25-2010, 11:57 PM
CrosbyMalkin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Here's the thing with boom or bust guys for me. Let's take Bennett and Watson as examples. So Bennett has way more offensive potential than Watson, but Bennett is also a top 6 or bust, so if he doesn't make the top 6, he is useless, where as if Watson doesn't make the top 6, he has 3rd line potential and he still holds some sort of NHL value.

I'd give up some offensive potential for that certainty. I mean, look at how coveted Colby Armstrong is.
Not me, 3rd liners are a dime a dozen and not hard to find. It is not that hard to get people for the 3rd and 4th lines and they do not cost very much either. You have a higher opinion of Armstrong than I do. I think we have guys like Cooke, Dupuis, Talbot, etc. that can play 3rd line duty now and guys like Jeffrey and others in the minors that can play those types of spots.

I want a top 6 forward or top 4 dman or bust with my 1st round pick. The team can find those 3rd line forwards and 3rd pairing dmen in the rounds after that. Give me the boom or bust every time over a 1st round draft pick like Armstrong was. You knew when we drafted him that his potential was only 3rd line ability which to me is not good value for 1st round picks. Don't give me Staal stuff either because he is a 2nd line center playing a 3rd line role.

CrosbyMalkin is online now   Reply With Quote