View Single Post
Old
06-26-2010, 01:12 AM
CrosbyMalkin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinator11 View Post
He looks like a Peter mueller type by the sound of things as well. With his shot being as powerful and that he can run the point on the power play I heard somewhere on a website he did that, had 25 pp goals with his team. Luckily he won't be rushed to the NHL like mueller was with Phoenix.
I heard he is moving in with Crosby and playing on his line this season.

Honestly I am just glad we went for someone with top end talent. It sounds like this kid might have the best offensive skill set of any of the skaters drafted after the top 2. From what I read his shot, vision, and hands are right with the best in the draft.

The kid is not small either at 6'1" and those guys must of been short standing up with him because he was taller than all 5 or 6 guys that stood with him when he was drafted. Many high school kids are 175 pounds coming out of high school that put on 20+ pounds fast when they get in a college training systems within a few years. I don't think size will be an issue. The real issue will be if the kid is willing to pay the price and fight for pucks and can take the punishment. It sounds like he has the skills to be a very good scorer for this team so what is not to like. Who cares that he can't be a 3rd line guy if he is not a top 6. That really means nothing to me.

6'1" with top end skills, shot, is a winger, and a right hand shot. What is not to like about the kid when you are picking 20th. If he did not have any question marks he would be a top 10 pick so I will take that package and see what happens every time over a player that does not have that high upside.

Last edited by CrosbyMalkin: 06-26-2010 at 01:20 AM.
CrosbyMalkin is offline   Reply With Quote