06-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
He was a cocky youngster 2 years ago:
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...the-prize.html
Quote:
3. Steven Shipley, C – Owen Sound Attack (OHL): A lot of young players act coy when draft talk comes up, but the Attack’s Steven Shipley is blunt when asked how aware he is of his 2010 competitors.

“Very aware,” he said. “Every night I’m checking to see how they’re doing and how I compare.”

With the first week-and-change of his OHL career in the bank, Shipley is stacking up pretty well so far. On a basement-dwelling Owen Sound squad, the youngster is tied for the team lead with a plus-four rating and has contributed four points in five games. Notching a goal and an assist in his first game (a win over Kitchener) eased some of the pressure the highly-touted Shipley had put on himself.

“I wanted to show I could produce offensively right away,” he said. “Make plays, set up plays…It was a bit of an adjustment, but I think I’ve fit in so far.”

And while this season may be a struggle for the team, Shipley knows every learning experience helps. He’s hoping to get more of that with a spot on Team Ontario’s Under-17 team.

With his eye on the prize, Shipley isn’t shy about his ultimate goal for the 2010 draft.

“I want to be No. 1,” he said. “That’s what everybody wants, to be No. 1. Nothing better than that, right?”
Draft eligible in 2010.

Buffaloed is offline   Reply With Quote