10-01-2003, 09:12 AM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
You might see it that way. Personally, I see it it:

Age: Wash, though older is better, not younger, at this stage
Production: Wash, for now. Legwand was on pace for 60+ points, but didn't get it due to injury. Legwand has just as much point/goal potential as Comrie
Size: Legwand, clearly
Upside: Legwand, clearly. Offensivly, they are similar, but Legwand plays a brilliant all-around game, and is already one of the best top-line checkers in the league. His skating blows Comrie's out of the water. Legwand could really be another Mike Modano, whereas I feel Comrie could be another, say, Chris Drury (maybe a little better). See the difference as to how I see it?

Value-wise may be fair, but I still don't think the Preds would deal Legwand for Comrie & Rita alone. I have a feeling they'd ask for significantly more.

Production: Wash? Sure Legwand may have been on pace for 60 points, but you also have to factor in that Comrie reached or was on pace for 60 points 2 years in a row, whereas last year was the first time Legwand was near that mark. Plus Comrie's would have been higher had he not tried to come back too soon from his injury. A second factor is that Comrie is a better goal scorer, and has demonstrated that so far (61 goals in 192 games vs 54 in 280). I mean, get real here, Comrie has demonstrated that he is a better offensive player, and if you can't see that, you are blind.

Size: Yes Legwand is bigger... but it isn't like he is 215 lbs or anything. He has 4 inches of height, and maybe 10 lbs of weight on Comrie, which isn't a whole lot, and still doesn't make him a "big centre".

Upside: Legwand clearly again? What do you smoke? Comrie is a better offensive player, especially in terms of goal scoring, and when he plays like he did 2 years ago is at least average defensively. Legwand is good defensively, but that isn't what the Oilers need... they have enough of those. Comrie will be a better offensive player, while Legwand will be a better defensive player... but he sure as hell won't be Modano.