View Single Post
Old
06-26-2010, 05:00 PM
GuitarAwesome

vCash: 500
I get the same basic thing sometimes, my buddies always want me to play with them, but I have played a few tiers higher than them, so my skill level is usually alot higher than theirs.

The key is to keep an open mind, and just have a good time. Even if the guys suck, as long as they are good guys, you should be having fun. Personally, I work my ass off to get one of those guys a goal, cause when they get one, they are SO happy. Them scoring one, is worth more to me, than me scoring 8. I also love giving them tips, those kind of guys ALWAYS want to get better, and it's fun to help them out. It's a great feeling when someone asks you something, then a few shifts later says "wow, that really, really helps!"

Hockey is all about the fun. If you aren't having fun playing with the bad players, skip a shift, or stick with the better players you want on your line. Otherwise, it's not going to be easy for you.

If you're stuck with a 3v5 situation, try to open up as much room as possible with your skating. Try to get the weaker players to park in front of the net, and take nice percentage shots whenever you feel like it.

GuitarAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote