View Single Post
Old
06-26-2010, 07:29 PM
dgaspari

vCash: 500
i do not want to sound like a conservative republican, but how do you pay for this?the reason the flyers lost the last 2 years in the playoffs was that they had no cap room to make the moves necessary to improve the team.?

i am not an expert on the bargaining agreement but will this be a 35 yr old contract will no cap relief? will we be another boston with a goal tender's contract killing our cap?

do we want to lose players like giroux because we are tied up with a contract that puts us in cap hell.?

remember, in the 2008/09 season, we were fighting with pittsburg for home ice in the playoffs and we did not have enough cap space for a full team so we had to play defensemen on amateur contracts , we had to send giroux to the phantoms for a lack of cap room anf finally we had to dump upshall and pay phoenix a second round pick as a premium for cap space. i have not seen this happening to any other team

holmgren nets to get this cap right !!!!!. this is not the old days when the flyers spared no cost to win. this is the new nhl and a gm need to control his cap if he is to be sucessful

dgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote