View Single Post
Old
10-01-2003, 09:31 AM
SensGod

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
The major thing right now is that there is 0 market for Comrie in Ottawa. Not unless you took the likes of White or Fisher off our hands.

WHOH OTTAWA FANS...CALM DOWN...

Fish's going no where

Right now Bonk is our #1 centerman. Comrie could theoretically replace him...but Bonk is making too much $$$ for Edmonton to trade for him. Smolinski is making too much as well...so the Likes of White or Fisher are the only options for a trade. But even at that...we'd have Comrie, Spezza, Bonk, Smolinksi, Van Allen and one of White or Fisher.

Bonk
Spezza
Comrie
Van Allen

if you'd make lineup off the top of my head...

Comrie isn't a 3rd line centerman...he's better than that. Sure you could say that would put Spezza as the #3 but he needs to play on the top 2 lines for his development. And there's no argument that Spezza is going to be a much better centerman than Comrie.

I would see Comrie coming in here as a future replacement for Bonk. with Comrie coming in...Bonk is very expendable.

I don't see how this could possibly work for Ottawa or for Edmonton. A Comrie for Bonk trade would be the one that would make the most sense. But Bonk is too important right now for the Sens quest for the cup as a "shutdown" centerman in the playoffs.

But to be honest...having a crop of centers like

Spezza
Comrie
Fisher

for the future would be one of the best centerman corps in the NHL for many, many years to come.