View Single Post
Old
06-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
You have every reason to like him. It sounds like he has a great set of tools.

My question is, why wasn't he on the radar for more teams? One would think a guy with his skill set would be all over draft boards and never make it this far down the board unless his skating is just criminally bad or there's some other huge flaw to his game.
That's what I'm wondering. Looking forward to watching him at prospects camp. Was captain at Apple Core (EJHL) before getting "traded" mid-season to Indianapolis (USHL) where he played well as they went to the Cup. Committed to Northeastern last summer and served as an alternate captain for the Ice this season where he was named to the post-season All-Star second team.

I think more than anything he is an older prospect (turns 20 on July 15th) and is heading to college. Unranked by CSS due to his age, but from the reports I've read...he was likely to be selected this year by someone.

One thing that worried me slightly was that he mentioned in that interview on YouTube that his biggest flaw was letting people go right through him and he was working to fix that. Played big minutes...so it can't be that bad...but as I said, I'm looking forward to watching him at camp.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote