View Single Post
Old
06-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
The only problem with this analysis is that Nabokov costs about $5M more than Leighton, so the "complete team" will have to shed one, maybe two good players in order to make room for Nabokov.

Incidentally, what has Nabokov done that is actually better than Leighton did this playoff run? Sharks playoffs over the years? Team Russia 2010 Olympics?
Possibly but they won't have to get rid of anyone this year since they have 11m of free cap space and only need to re-sign a couple of guys who are RFA but won't cost much because they are bottom 6 forwards. Coburn may cost a bit more but they have the option to trade him if he ask too much or just keep him and let him walk next year.

Next year is a litte bit more complicated with Carter and Giroux being RFA and Gagne UFA but then they could trade Briere to make space or simply choose to not re-sign Gagne and still have lot of depth. Either way they are not in such a bad position and have a lot of options available to manage the cap.

Now i'm not saying that Nabokov is the best option but he's still more proven than the "hot and cold" normally backup guys that Philly used in the last couple of year (Boucher , Leighton ect). I wouldn't commit to him if i was the Flyers though , maybe 2-3 years at most.

Bronn is online now   Reply With Quote