View Single Post
Old
06-27-2010, 12:10 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
It wasn't that i thought he had a bad year, I just read a lot from different people that he didn't battle as hard as he should have game in and game out. Inconsistent I guess is what i'm looking for.

Again, i'm not really worried, not all players when they make the jump from juniors to the AHL or the AHL to the NHL can take the punishment of the next level so quickly night in and night out.

IMO it's those three players, then the next tier starts of McDonagh, MZA, Mcilrath etc.
The thing to consider about Grachev's year was his injury and rehab in the last offseason, which prevented him from working on his conditioning and doing any kind of substantial training over the summer. Having not seen many Pack games, I can only speculate, but it seems to me that for a guy as young as he is, who was used to dominating his smaller opposition, the physical element of the AHL must have been a very tough adjustment to make.

Hopefully next season, after a full summer working on his conditioning and such, he'll have better results.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote