View Single Post
Old
06-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
This news does supoort my argument..It's not spin, it was something I said the day before the Staal news even broke..Right?

I understand what the word chasm is. I understand what Sather was saying and I don't need you of all people to explain it to me.

You can't use the Dubi situation and compare it to Staal. LOOK AT THE RANGERS DEFENSE...now come back to the thread...ok....Now tell me...Does Staal have leverage here? Honestly, post the Rangers defense without Staal if he holds out?

Your prediction was just that...A prediction, to "walk" around here and act like you have figured out that water is wet because you can plug numbers into cap geek to get Kovy to fit under the cap doesnt' make it reality. (especially when you would be over the summer cap!)

Btw, do you really want to call Dubinsky a "rising star?" Are you saying that to try to help your argument because it makes it look cheap. Just a piece of advice...
the opposite is true though as well. what recourse does Staal have aside from sitting out a full year or playing in the KHL. Do you think either is a good option for the kid? and if im not mistaken, if he sits out dont we retain his rights as if no time had passed, ie, he would still be a RFA with no arbitration rights?

He's got no bargaining power whatsoever, and only so many prime years to play with. he should take a fair deal...2.5ish per, and play with it for ~2 years, and then hes gonna get paid. big time.