View Single Post
Old
06-28-2010, 02:39 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Current Canuck prospect Jeremy Price is in the Ivy League too, I believe, with Colgate University.
Colgate isn't in the Ivy League. But the schools of Glass and Volpatti (Dartmouth and Brown) are.

Basically though, I think your point was that Colgate and Harvard are fairly equivalent hockey-wise. They sometimes play each other, but I don't know the standings in that "series" over the years. It would be interesting to run the pro career analysis for Colgate that the poster did for Harvard in this thread. My guess is that Colgate's pro players might be even more dismal a bunch than Harvard's. But I don't recall anyone here being upset that Price, who was about the same draft pick level that McNally was, is developing at Colgate.

Western Michigan sucked, so Connauton switched to the Dub. I'm unaware of RIT's hockey history, but it might not be much better than Harvard's or Colgate's. In any case, Tanev flourished there for one year, and then turned pro. I don't think McNally's route is all that different from Price's and Tanev's.

Except . . . that extra year for McNally in prep school coming up . . . that hurts, no doubt about it. Gillis said "Maybe he can score 80 points." Yeah, right.

701 is offline   Reply With Quote