View Single Post
Old
06-28-2010, 05:39 AM
DevilsFan38

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Well i find myself in a similar situation. I took "figure skating" lessons when i was younger (8-10 yrs old) and recently have taken very very beginner adult lessons at my community center to refresh my memory.

But one thing that gets me every time, i can not stop on my left edge, whatsoever. I can do a right edge stop and just today, i began doing full right foot forward hockey stops. But these left ones... even when i'm going at a snails pace (literally one push off), my left edge can not move. I put all my weight on it, bend my legs, sit and nothing. What ends up happening is that i get close to the pylon and just use my right leg to stop.

I am beginning to wonder if it is my left inside edge. Since i can do a hockey stop with the right foot first, i don't think it is my left outside edge. I am wondering if this is due to a skate sharpening issue or am i just a major noob?
A lot of people find it much easier to stop on one side or the other when they first start. I also couldn't stop at all on one side when I first started, but after a LOT of practice I finally figured it out (I was also teaching myself to skate, which probably didn't help matters).

DevilsFan38 is offline   Reply With Quote