View Single Post
Old
06-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Jody Shelley has ALWAYS been a locker room leader. A fantastic hit to have around. He's like a coach on skates.

When we acquired him, I said his mere presence would make the team tougher. People laughed, but stopped laughing when the team developed a bit more of a backbone. Combined with Prust, the fourth line is nasty.

He's cheap, he's a fantastic leader, and he needs to he back.

I'm seriously laughing out loud at all the love for Dane Byers in this thread. Once again, the wisdom of "not putting the cart before the horse" is lost on HFboards Rangers fans.
It's funny cause, Shelley's pretty talentless, but his impact was thrice as noticeable as Jokinen's, who's hands down the superior player. The better, and more skilled player made less of an impact on this team than a goon.

It reminds me a bit of the impact Avery had on this team. Everyone knows he's not a rare talent. He just filled a big void on our team, and ultimately rounded us out more. And when he was out of the line-up, it was rather clear what he brought to the table.

I bet if you asked Ranger players how important Shelley was on last years team, you'll get an overwhelming response praising him as a person, and player.

This signing is a no-brainer. Anyone that think differently should have their head checked.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote